Saturday, November 7, 2015

What I have Been Working On . . .

the past two weeks.  My friend is not able to do any intense quilting these days, so I offered to make this gorgeous quilt top for her hubby!!


It was originally supposed to be a Christmas present for him because the whole family was going to get together for Christmas.  Two weeks ago, my friend said the family changed their mind and decided to do the family thing at Thanksgiving instead!!  Yikes!!

I had only started cutting out the some of pieces prior to two weeks ago and look . . . it's done!!  And this picture just does NOT do it justice!!

It is a Buggy Barn pattern so the stars were supposed to be pieced in Buggy Barn fashion, but with the time restraint we decided machine appliquing the stars would be better time-wise.  Well, I like it soooo much better!!  The applique just gives the whole thing a pop!!


Isn't it fun when a project is so much fun to make and then turns out so wonderfully!!  I'm not sure if it was Pam or Janet at Buggy Barn that designed this quilt but it is brilliant!!   Thank you to all the wonderful, creative designers that allow us craftsmen to make such amazing quilts!!

2 comments:

Denise :) said...

WOW!! That's awesome -- what a sweet thing for you to do for your friend!! :)

Janet O. said...

How did I miss this post?
What a wonderful quilt! Great job, Kris!